The idea of a treadmill desk attachment is something everyone loves. You want to get moving but don't think you have the time to do so. The energy is there, but you're rushing to complete your work. WALK-i-TASK is here! While you've learned a lot, here are a few FAQ’s to help you understand what this product can truly do for you.
Is the WALK-i-TASK Treadmill Desk Attachment Better Than the HumanCentric Treadmill Desk Attachment?
Overall, the HumanCentric treadmill desk attachment is just a board that goes over the treadmill's handlebars. It features a rubber surface and adjustable Velcro straps, but it's different than the WALK-i-TASK.
Most desk treadmills don't let you adjust the platform sufficiently. You don't get a laptop stand; it's just a board across the bars. This could be dangerous to your health because it forces you to lean over, leading to neck and back pain. It might also hurt your wrists and hands.
The WALK-i-TASK is fully adjustable, so you can raise the laptop stand enough to easily see what you're reading or doing.
Which Is Better - the SurfShelf Treadmill Desk Attachment or the WALK-i-TASK?
When comparing treadmill desks, the SurfShelf brand claims you can use it for phones, laptops, and tablets. It hooks over the back of the treadmill and features Velcro straps. The shelf is made from plastic so it isn’t sturdy. Still, it doesn't offer optimal monitor positioning like the WALK-i-TASK.
The WALK-i-TASK fits most treadmills and doesn't take up excess space. Plus, it's fully adjustable, so you can work and walk. Overall, it's an all-in-one solution.
Is the WALK-i-TASK Better than the InMovement Unsit Treadmill Desk?
The InMovement treadmill desk features a wide platform that goes across the treadmill, but it's still short enough so that it doesn't take up a lot of space. While it doesn't have a phone holder, the desk features a quiet motor. However, it's not a laptop stand like the WALK-i-TASK. Since it's actually a desk workstation and a treadmill in one, you spend more money and it very expensive.
Though the InMovement brand features a 400-pound weight capacity, it's still not what most people think about when they consider treadmill desks. You want a laptop stand that can simply attach to the treadmill so that you can read or work.
Which Is Better - the Cascade Standing Desk Treadmill Component or the WALK-i-TASK?
Those who want a standing desk with a treadmill underneath will appreciate the Cascade brand. It's also very expensive. Plus, it's not a laptop stand; it's a full set. Still, it does have a 400-pound weight capacity.
That might work for some people, but many others prefer something like a laptop stand instead of a complete treadmill desk. The WALK-i-TASK has you covered.
What Are the Advantages of Treadmill Desks?
A treadmill desk or laptop stand can improve your job performance, physical wellness, and mental health. Here's how:
- Reduce Stress and Improve Mood - Exercise boosts your mood to reduce anxiety because the brain releases endorphins. They make you feel less pain and trigger a more positive feeling.
- Increase Productivity - A treadmill desk attachment could make you more productive. Researchers analyzed the effect of walking on treadmills during the workday. They indicate that those who use a treadmill desk had better work performances and health.
- Increase Creativity - Studies indicate that exercise is linked directly to creativity. On average, the test subjects came up with more uses for an object (60 percent) when walking instead of sitting.
- Promotes a Healthy Weight - Walking burns calories and is considered a low-impact workout. When on the treadmill, you can change the intensity level or increase the incline to burn more calories. The WALK-i-TASK features shock-absorbing components to keep the laptop holder in place, even if it's jostled around by the powerful motor of the exercise machine.
- Lowers Blood Pressure - Walking is like other exercise options because it increases blood flow, which can decrease blood pressure. According to research, those with hypertension had lower readings for 22 hours after one walking session. Incorporating walking while you work or play could help in the long term.
- Reduces Risk of Type 2 Diabetes and Manages It - People with type 2 diabetes generally have more glucose in the blood because the body can't produce insulin to process it or because the body doesn't use the insulin correctly. Regardless, exercise could reduce blood glucose levels!
- Helps You Maintain Strong Bones - Weight-bearing exercises cause you to stay upright and work against gravity, and they are a great way to maintain or build bone density. Walking is an excellent choice, and the WALK-i-TASK laptop holder helps you tackle the work easily.
Will the WALK-i-TASK Fit on Any Treadmill?
The WALK-i-TASK adjustable laptop holder is designed to fit almost all models and brands of treadmills. However, you can check out the Fit Guide on our website to ensure that it will work correctly.
How Easy Is It to Use the WALK-i-TASK?
Overall, the WALK-i-TASK is as easy as walking and texting. When our engineers created this product, we focused on functionality and comfort so that everyone could use it. The portable treadmill laptop stand is highly versatile and is tailored to anyone because you can install it on any treadmill and ensure that it meets your height requirements.
Are There Velcro Straps for This Standing Desk Attachment?
No! Many other products use Velcro to keep the desk in place, but the WALK-i-TASK is different. Just secure it to the handlebars by tightening a knob until it's secure and sturdy.
What's the Treadmill Desk Stability and Security Like with the WALK-i-TASK?
The WALK-i-TASK is highly secure and stable. It's designed to hold items in place, including textbooks, beverages, and laptops. However, you shouldn't lean heavily or sit on the desk while it's on the treadmill.
Is It Safe to Use the WALK-i-TASK?
It is safe to use the WALK-i-TASK, but you must do so correctly. Overall, it's best to keep the emergency safety clip attached to your body while using our product. We also recommend that you start slowly and increase your speed as needed based on your own comfort level.
However, we don't recommend that you jog or run while this workstation is attached. Always read the instruction manual before using the product for the first time to make sure you know what to do.
Does the WALK-i-TASK Come with a Treadmill?
No. We designed the WALK-i-TASK to be a treadmill accessory so that you can turn any treadmill into a desk. There's no need to spend thousands of dollars for an expensive product with the desk permanently attached.
Can I Use the WALK-i-TASK as a Tray?
The WALK-i-TASK weighs 15 pounds, so it's not that heavy. Its design means you could possibly use it as a tray while sitting on the sofa or in bed. However, we recommend that you don't because it could topple over if you're not attaching it to anything.
What Are the Primary Features of the WALK-i-TASK?
The primary features include:
- Tilts to an angle
- Height adjustable
- Rubber pad on the platform to rest and protect the wrists
- Ventilation slots to prevent your devices from overheating
- Secures to the treadmill handrails by just tightening a knob
- Adjusts to fit various handrail widths
- Made of aluminum, which is heavy-duty and lightweight
- Large, spacious top for everything from a Macbook to an iPad
Can the WALK-i-TASK Be Used by More Than One Person in the Household?
Yes! Since it is height-adjustable, each person can set it up to meet their needs. It's the best choice because everyone can position it to get the most use from it.
Do You Have to Assemble the WALK-i-TASK?
There's no assembly required with our workstation! Just remove the equipment from the box, secure it to the treadmill, and start using it! Turn the knob in the front to raise the platform as needed!
Why Is Walking So Important?
Sitting is now called "the new smoking." Most practitioners recommend getting 10,000 steps a day, which is hard to do. Walking helps you prevent weight gain, reduces various health risks, improves your mood, and even boosts your immune system.
Treadmill desks are all the rage for work-from-home employees. They relieve your health issues and boost productivity. Plus, it's easier for you to get that recommended step count without having to take time out of your day for a workout! While it's not a substitute for varied exercises, you can still reap the benefits without the hassle.